IMPORTANT: The steps below are only for users that do not have a blog and do not need a blog at their domain. Before continuing make sure that you:
- Backup any data from your current web host
- Go through the Domain Setup to submit your domain name to Showit
- Publish your site
- Read through the explanation of Hosting and Direct Host
You actually don't need to setup your domain, our team will do it for you. If you'd like the Showit team to help you get your site launched go here. Domain setups are completed Monday – Friday 9am-5pm Pacific time by Showit. Your domain will be configured within 24 hours on business days.
If the Registrar for your domain provides advanced DNS configuration, you can add an A record that points to our server directly within their DNS management console.
For the DNS records for the domain, you need to add the following records:
- @ or root domain pointing to -> 18.104.22.168
- * (wildcard) pointing to -> 22.214.171.124
- www pointing to -> @ or the root domain
NOTE: The above DNS settings are for sites that do not have a blog hosted with Showit. If your site is down and you have a blog with us, please contact support for the correct DNS settings.
If you do not see any options like this in your registrar account, contact the Showit Support team by clicking the help icon in the bottom right corner of Showit and we will help you get everything setup!