This doc will teach you our terminology inside of Showit! This will help you better understand the platform as well as better communicate with your Showit Support Pro when you need a helping hand.
First let's explore the page tab in the left sidebar of Showit
- Site tab - found in the left sidebar, which we will look at closer in a moment.
- Page tab - where you will see the page you are currently on and the canvasses on that page.
- Page - indicates the page you are on, in this case the home page. All canvasses included on that page are listed below.
- Canvasses - Canvasses are the building blocks which you add content to to make up each page in your site.
- A). Text icon - click here to add a new text box, it will give you options to choose the type of text you want to ad, which you can control in your design settings. B). Elements icon - click here to add elements to your site like; shapes, icons, embed code, videos, and galleries. C). Media Library icon - click here to open your media library and add a single image to a canvas.
- A). Zoom out B). Reset zoom C). Zoom in
Now let's explore the site tab found in the left sidebar
In the site tab you can access your site settings, design settings, and your media library, this is also where you will find your list of site canvasses.
7. Add page - Click this icon to add a new page.
8. Pages - this is where all the pages that comprise your site are listed.
9. Blog template section - these pages allow you to control the layout and design of your blog. Find out more about how Showit + Wordpress work together for a simple yet powerful blogging.
Last but not least, let's look at a canvas on a page
10. Page - jus to reiterate, this larger layer indicates the page we are working on.
11. Canvas views -these little folders are canvas views the first canvas view on any canvas is the default view for that canvas. Each canvas view is denoted by the number to the right of the folder, view 1, view 2, view 2, etcetera.
12. Canvasses - These smaller layers under the page layer are the canvasses that make up your page (in this example the home page).
We hope this glossary helps you better understand he Showit platform. If you do find yourself needing some help, contact our support team today! You can best help us help you by letting us know where the issue is happening in your site: what page/canvas. Also it is super helpful if you indicate if it's an issue happening on the mobile or desktop design.