Yes, you definitely can!
Shopify offers a Lite subscription that allows you to place Buy Buttons on your own website using embed codes. They offer embedding of individual products, collections of products or a buy button.
Good to Know: The checkout process is handled in a separate secure pop-up window that is powered by Shopify.
Things to Know:
- Shopify embed code should be visible at all times on the page. Avoid canvas views and hidden canvases.
- Showit's embed widget will remain at a fixed size and will not grow based upon the code embedded into it.
- Shopify collections embed code will display a limited number of products at one time. For a large catalog of products we suggest using an Advanced Blog and setup the collections on a Wordpress page that will automatically grow with the number of products you have.
Adding a Product to a Showit Page
- Create your product on Shopify.
- Get your embed code following their instructions for creating a Buy button.
- Add the Embed Code widget to your design in Showit.
4. Paste the code from Shopify into the Embed Code widget's custom code area under the Embed Info settings.
5. Resize your object on desktop and mobile.
6. Preview the design and test your buy button. The cart should automatically appear as an overlay on the side of your site.
Adding a Product to a Wordpress Page
The Shopify Lite plan also supports adding products to your Wordpress posts through the use of the Shopify eCommerce Plugin for Wordpress on your blog (only Advanced blog hosting).
Once installed you will find a new option at the top of your post editor for Add Product.
Multiple Buy Buttons for Same Product on Single Page
Known Shopify Issue: Shopify does not automatically handle multiple Buy Now buttons for the same product on a single page. You will need to adjust each of your buy button codes slightly to avoid conflicting with each other.
Here's an example of the two adjustments you'll need to make for any duplicate buttons.