You can setup a Search Bar on any blog template for a user to be able to search any blog related posts or pages.
Things to Know:
- A user will have to press Enter/Return for the search to submit
- The Search Bar will only function once live on a blog
- Placeholder text will appear dimmed (50% Opacity) in most browsers by default when live on the blog
- Search will only give results for posts and pages hosted within Wordpress, not standard Showit pages.
Setting Up a Search Bar
- Add a paragraph text box to your Wordpress template.
- Adjust the placement and style of text as you wish the text to appear on the desktop and mobile layouts.
- Type text into the box as a placeholder that will appear when the box is empty on the site.
- Set the text box as a Search Bar placeholder under the Text Properties > Wordpress Placeholder setting.