As a designer you may create your client's site under your own account and then plan to transfer the design into a client's account prior to launch. Here are a few tips for this process.
Tips when first designing in your own account:
- A design must be transferred into it's own account in order to have a Custom Domain assigned to it. Showit supports 1 custom domain per account so your clients will need their own account.
- Stay organized with your media files (images, icons, videos) on your local computer. On transfer of a design, they WILL be included INSIDE the design but they will not populate in your client's Media library. You'll want to plan to re-upload those files in your client's Media so that they have the files for future changes.
- Once a design has been transferred, it will no longer reference the original design. All future changes must be made inside of your client's account.
The Transfer Process:
- Open the design in your account.
- Follow these steps for sharing a design and install it in your client's account
- Add all of your project media files to the client's Media library so that you and your client have it available for any changes.