We're still in the testing process with MediaVine and do not yet have a clear answer. We believe it will work on a blog as long as you follow their design standards of:
Ad placement requirements:
- The sidebar placeholder needs to be a minimum of 300px wide.
- The break point for the site needs to be no greater than 1023px and no lower than 768px. (*the point at which the sidebar falls below the content, according to MediaVine??)
- On mobile devices, the post content placeholder needs to be a minimum of 300px wide.
Sidebar setup requirements:
- The sidebar must be designed to use a Sidebar placeholder and elements added via Widgets in Wordpress instead of directly in the Showit design, in order for the ads to inject automatically.
- Add Sidebar 1 placeholder in Showit
- In Wordpress go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Add Custom HTML widget to first Sidebar and add the following code:
<!-- First MediaVine Ad target -->
4. Add any additional widgets from Wordpress you want to appear in the sidebar. ie. Instagram feed.
5. Add another Custom HTML widget to bottom of Sidebar with the following code:
<!-- Bottom MediaVine Ad target -->
6. AFTER SITE LAUNCH: Notify MediaVine of those 2 pieces of code that were added to your design in order for them to target and make the sidebar ads live.
- The second Ad in the sidebar will not remain sticky as MediaVine prefers. This may affect visibility of additional ads loading during the viewing period of a post and could affect potential income. (no workaround has been found at this time)