July 10, 2019 - Back to Page link
- New: Back to Page link at the top of a site canvas when you edit a Site Canvas from a page.
June 20, 2019 - Proportional Resize & Bug Fixes
- Hold "shift" to click and drag proportionally.
- Removed individual canvas view transition options which weren't functional.
- Removed SEO Settings from blog templates which were never used.
April 3, 2019 - Bug fixes
- Fix for contact form settings not alway refreshing when clicking between form fields
- Changes to our domain setup wizard to improve the workflow and guarantee information being submitted by users is correct.
- Video players are now muted by default if set to Autoplay due to browser changes.
Many minor updates were released throughout 2018 including:
- SSL support for all subscription levels
- Updates to our Showit plugin on Wordpress
- The original Showit Desktop service has been decommissioned
- "Showit 5" branding is now transitioned to just "Showit"
August 22, 2017 - Drag to Select
A small update went out today to help with selection of layers. You can now drag to select a group of layers at once.For users with a big object in the background of a canvas, try holding down Option/Alt and then drag and it'll omit that background object from the selection.
June 26, 2017 - Mobile Layout Assistance, Video Controls and more...
Mobile Layout Assistance
If you're customizing your website with new elements then you've probably realized how important it is to design your mobile and desktop layouts at the same time. But if you forgot to work on both we do have a solution that will help get things to a better starting place for you to continue customizing your mobile layout. Read more about Mobile Layout Assistance...
Video Controls Update
Additional settings including Auto Play and Loop are now available in the video player widget controls. Learn more about video controls...
Quick Replace Images
It's easier than ever to replace images in a design...simply double-click on an image or gallery and the media window will appear to select a new image(s).
- Hover Options for Icons & Rectangles now apply
- Toggle Canvas Guides & Mobile Overlay separately
- Selected items are highlighted in both mobile and desktop layouts.
May 1, 2017 - Redirects, SEO & More
Our dev team has been working hard to optimize your sites for better page speed and SEO.
Easy 301 Redirects
You can setup redirects which is extremely helpful if you want to redirect visitors to your new page links when you launch on Showit. Read more about redirects...
Set a Share Image
You can now set a share image which will get picked up by social networks like Facebook when the page url is shared. Read more about Share Image...
Set a Favicon
You can now set a site wide favicon. Learn more about favicons...
Canonical Links & Site Maps
We provided an SEO boost by automatically including Canonical URLs in the HTML code and auto-generating a sitemap file of your Showit pages. Now you can submit your sitemap to search engines so they're always updated on your pages. Learn more about Sitemaps...
- This update includes some update that should help speed things up and make Google happier.
- Showit Wordpress Plugin updated to 2.8.3 support updates (check your blog for updates)
- Support for Related Posts, jQuery Pin It Button & more blog plugins.
March 6, 2017 - Inline Text Formatting & HTML Tags
This update includes some great refinements on our text editor and the ability to adjust your HTML text tag for users optimizing their content for SEO.
Inline Text Formatting
You can now easily add Bold, Italics or Links inside of a text box. Double-click to bring up the formatting toolbar with these options. Links inside of a text box will automatically have the Inline Links styling applied to them. You can adjust this styling site-wide under the Design Settings or on an individual text box under Text Style settings.
HTML Text Tag
To optimize your page content for search engines we now also allow you to change the HTML tag associated with each text box.
- Label Changes
-"Text Format" section renamed "Text Style" section"
-Text Field" section renamed "Text Properties" section
-"Next Posts Link" placeholder renamed "Older Posts Link"
-"Previous Posts Link" placeholder renamed "Newer Posts Link"
-"Next Post Link" placeholder renamed "Next Single Post Link"
-"Previous Post Link" placeholder renamed "Previous Single Post Link"
- "Top of Page" click action added
- Mousing over layers will highlight object on stage
- Missing fonts will now show "--Choose a font --" in font selector
- Custom font names now only allow letters and spaces (no number or special characters)
- Opacity was moved to Effects settings
- Cleaner icons for the tiled gallery full screen view
- Wordpress placeholders indicated when selected on stage
- Prevented wordpress placeholders from having click actions or submit form applied and vice versa
October 20, 2016 - Site Canvases & more
We just released one of our biggest updates since the launch of Showit 5 and we think you will love it! We've added the ability to create a canvas that can be shared across multiple pages of your site which is so great for navigation like headers and footers. It's called a Site Canvas.
Additionally, we've added the ability to add a canvas or page from a completely different site design directly into your existing site. Check out the video below for a quick overview of how to do it!
Other changes in this update:
- New setting to allow scroll actions to trigger only once
- New direct linking to a canvas view on a page
- Linking inside a canvas for canvas views can now be set to use "This Canvas"
- Drag & Drop reorder of pages
- Links in preview work
- Added "Cut" in addition to "Copy" and "Paste"
- Site Canvas actions to trigger other site canvases on a page
- Contact Forms now work per canvas and not an entire page
- Contact Forms can now transition to another page
- Required fields now get a red outline when a contact form is submitted if they aren't filled
- Bug fixes to prevent large SVGs as icons
- Canvas view background bug fixes
- Disabled canvases and elements for both mobile and desktop are not included into the output page.
- "Show Canvas" click or scroll actions will not make disabled desktop or mobile canvases visible.
July 25, 2016 - Media Folders
We've just added media folders to help keep all of your files organized. Click on the Media button at the bottom of Showit to start organizing.
- Shift-click to select a group of images in a row from the media library
- Ctrl/Command-Click to select multiple images in any order
- Option/Alt-Click to immediately add the image to the stage or if you're in the gallery manage images view it will directly add it to the image list.
- First image in a simple gallery loads sharper now
- Fixed an issue with images not loading in Safari on a short page
- Loop Images now works when unchecked.
July 15, 2016 - Tiled & Sliding Galleries
Two beautiful new galleries have recently been added to Showit 5. It's a breeze to update your current gallery to one of the new formats by simply changing the Type under the Gallery Settings section.
- Tiled Gallery
- Sliding Gallery
May 13, 2016 - Manage domains & sites
Today's updates will help you manage your domain, add +Sites, and manage all sites in your account.
- Add +Site subdomains in Account > Manage DomainsSet your custom domain in Site Settings (including request domain setup by Showit)
- Duplicate or Delete entire sites under Account > My Sites
May 11, 2016 - Launch of Showit 5
Today, Showit announces the public launch of its newest website design platform, Showit 5. Built as an HTML web app, Showit 5 includes never before seen features in a drag-and-drop web design application and includes side-by-side mobile and desktop design views and Showit’s game-changing simple WordPress integration. Built for professional photographers and creatives, Showit 5 allows users to build interactive and truly responsive websites that look beautiful on every device without knowing a single line of code.
“Showit 5 is the result of 10 years of experience creating tools for creative entrepreneurs. We started from scratch and built a future-facing web design platform for the mobile world.”
- Todd Watson, CEO
Showit 5 introduces:
- Side-by-side simultaneous mobile and desktop designer
- Custom Canvas Views pioneered by Showit that enable elegant interactivity and big visual impact
- Simple WordPress integration allowing users to design their WordPress blogs inside Showit.
Showit is a subscription-based software service with pricing options starting at $19 a month.