The European Union has a cookie law which requires sites that use and store information (cookies) let those visiting the site about cookies being used.
Showit doesn't collect any visitor data or cookie information for your website other than content submitted through our Showit contact forms as the data is routed through our system. To read more on data tacking see Showit & GDPR.
If you use a contact form, third-party tracking software such as Google Analytics, or have a wordpress blog you will need to provide this info for users upon them visiting your website. If you have any of these items it's recommended to create a web page on your website that identifies anything that may be tracked and what happens to the data. If you do not use any of those listed items you won't need to include a cookie warning on your site.
How to Add a Pop-Up On Your Site To Inform Visitors of Tracking or Cookie Usage
Cookie Consent by WebsitePolicies created a free open-source code you can add right into your Showit web pages and blog templates.
- Head to https://www.websitepolicies.com/create/cookie-consent-banner
- Customize your code using the Configure options with the live pop-up on the page as reference
- Select the "Copy Code” link when finished customizing your pop up for the head tag.
- Head to https://app.showit.co/ and log into your account
- Add the copied code for the head tag into the Custom Head HTML section of the Advanced Settings tab.
You will want to add the code to each page and blog template on your website in order to have the popup available upon first-visit for a user regardless of which page they access first
For more info on the cookie laws see: https://www.cookielaw.org/faq/