(Typical Timeline: 1 Business Day + Propagation)
This article explains how you can manually change your Registrar settings to use Showit as your Direct Host. The steps below are only for users that do not have a blog and do not need a blog at their domain. Before continuing to do any of the following changes:
- Backup any data from your current web host
- Go through the Domain Setup to submit your domain name to Showit
- Publish your site
- Read through the explanation of Hosting and Direct Host
When setting up a Domain Name to be fully hosted with Showit, there are two options to point a web address at our server. If the domain name was registered through Google as recommended, there is a third option.
Option 1: Have Showit Configure Your Domain For You (Recommended)
- Inside of Showit 5, click "Site Settings"
2. Click "EDIT" next to "Custom Domain"
3. Enter your domain name where you'd like your site to be
4. Check the boxes for the settings that apply to your current setup.
5. Check the box marked "I want Showit to configure my domain" and enter your domain registrar login information.
6. Fill in your phone number (just in case we need to contact you during the setup process) and click the "Submit" button.
What Happens Next:
Our team will connect your new site to your domain and send you an email when the process is complete. You can then celebrate and show all of your friends your awesome new site!