A Designer Test Blog can help you test a design on a live blog during your creation process. You'll be able to test a single design at a time on the test blog. The test blogs are a complimentary service for active designers who are creating site designs for additional users.
Qualifying for a Designer Test Blog
Designers may request a Test Blog from our team if they meet any of the following criteria:
- The designer is submitting designs to the Showit Design Market
- OR the designer has been accepted to the Design Partner program
- OR the designer has an active subscription
If you meet any if the criteria above you can request a "Designer Test Blog" by starting a new support message inside of the Showit application.
Using a Designer Test Blog
If you've been setup with a test blog you can follow these steps for changing the site that loads on your test blog.
- Publish your design in order to test it. You can publish to the Showit vanity URL. (Preview URLs won't work for testing on a blog)
- On the Wordpress admin go to Settings > Showit Settings
- Replace the Blog Domain setting with the domain of the site you want to test and Save the change.
- Click to Generate Theme which will update the design on your test blog
- Visit your test blog URL to see how the site and blog load. The blog should load by adding /blog to your test blog URL.
**If you're setting up static Demo Blog Pages, those pages won't load when connected to your test blog. Be sure to always manually go to your /blog/ page to make sure your design loads correctly with the test blog content.