Unfortunately 1and1.com does not support a one-time configuration for +Sites like most other registrars do. If this is your domain registrar you will need to manually setup every +Site domain each time you setup a +Site in Showit.
Follow these steps for setup:
- Login to your 1and1 account.
- Click Domains
- Check box next to your main domain
- Click on New (drop down menu at top). Choose Create Subdomain
- Enter in +Site address, selecting main domain from list on right.
- (ex. If +Site address is: janejohn.mydomain.com, enter: janejohn and select: yourdomain.com from the drop down list.)
- Click OK
- Check the box next to new subdomain
- Select DNS(drop down menu at top). Choose Edit DNS Settings
- Changes settings:General Settings: DNSAdvanced DNS Settings: --> IP Address: Change to--> Other IP AddressEnter in 220.127.116.11 (separate into boxes on each period)
- Click OK.
- If the design has already been published inside of Showit, your site should be live within a few hours if not sooner.