Drop down menus are great options to link out to sub-category elements on your site such as multiple galleries. The concept uses canvas views to create the a drop down feature that is revealed when transitioned by a click action.
*Hover drop-downs are not available with Showit. We have made this decision based on how it negatively impacts the user experience with the increasing widespread of touchscreens and how hover menus don't equate well on them. More information on how hover menus impact experience can be found here.
Build a Drop-Down Menu:
1) The first step is to create 2 canvas views on your navigation canvas. This article will walk you through the steps in adding canvas views. You can create multiple drop-down menus by creating additional canvas views to add more interactivity with your site.
Canvas View 1 will be the default state your navigation displays and each additional canvas view will be used to create a drop down menu.
2) After we have our canvas views created, You will want to copy/paste the navigation links in each canvas view (to maintain other links while a drop down menu is displaying). Then in your second canvas view you can add a rectangle element to function as the background for any links you want to add.
3) After you have created and designed the look of your drop down menu you may want to confirm your navigation canvas is set to a higher stacking order than the rest of your canvases on your page. This way it will overlay the each of the canvases when the menu is revealed rather than being displayed behind the canvas and getting cut off. Most default canvases are set at a stacking order of 1 and so the drop down canvas only needs to be set one or two numbers higher in order to function.
4) Next we will want to set up the click actions and function of the drop down menu. In Canvas View 1 Select the text you are wanting linked to the drop down menu. In this example I am using the "Our Work" link. Set the Click Action on the text to target the canvas view your drop down menu is located on.
With this setting it will reveal canvas View 2 and the drop down menu.
5) Now that we have the function set to show the drop down menu we will want to add the ability to re-hide the menu so it doesn't remain open as a visitor navigates your site. Select Canvas View 2 to edit the "Our Work" link there and follow the same steps as above but have it target back to Canvas View 1.
You can go ahead and Preview or Publish your new drop down menu to see it in action!