Contact Form Basics
Most Showit 5 templates come with a pre-made contact form that you can customize however you like. Generally a contact form in Showit 5 will consist of a single canvas that uses two different canvas views. The first canvas view will have the input fields made up of text boxes and the second canvas view will have a confirmation or “thank you” message.
The “submit” button is setup to both submit the information that has been entered and proceed to the next canvas view displaying the “thank you for submitting” message.
Contact Form Settings
Form Input: Checking this box will turn a standard text box into a box where you can input text.
Required: Checking this box will make it so the user cannot submit the form until they fill out this field.
In Subject: Checking this box will make it so that whatever is typed into this text box will additionally be added into the subject of the e-mail you receive. This is a great option to help organize your incoming emails.
Reply To: Because the emails come from your Showit Site and not directly from the user, you will need to check this box for the text field that you will have the user type their email into. This will make it so that when you hit the “reply” button on the email you receive from a user, it will be sent to whatever email address is entered into this text field.
Label: Whatever you enter into this text box will show up in the emails you receive before the text that the user has inputted. This is a good way to organize your incoming forms and make them easier to read. For instance, if the text field is for the users name, it would be a good idea to label the box “Name” so that when you receive the email it will say “Name: John Smith” instead of just “John Smith”.
With Showit 5 you can have every contact form submitted on your site sent to you via text message (in addition to the email). To set this up, visit http://showitaccount.com and:
- Click the “Settings” button in the upper right hand corner
- Enter your 7-digit mobile phone number and click “Add”
Having trouble with your contact form?
Here are a few common issues we’ve seen come up with contact forms.
Nothing happens when you click the "submit" button:
Generally a broken submit button is caused by a problem with the click action settings. If your contact form is setup using the standard two canvas views (as seen above), select the “Submit” button inside of Showit 5 and ensure that:
- Link is set to go to a canvas
- Canvas where you contact form is located is selected (Contact Form and Thank You message should be 2 separate canvas views on the same canvas)
- The Canvas View where your “Thank You” message is located is selected here
- The “Submit Contact Form” box is checked
I am not receiving any messages from my form:
There are a few different things that could be happening if you are not receiving your contact form messages to your email or text messages.
- You are Unsubscribed from our mailing list: Generally this happens on accident by clicking the bottom link of an email from us. To correct the issue you must find an old message and click the Unsubscribe link to change your options.
- The SPAM monster: Some email service providers accidentally see our contact form messages as spam because they come from firstname.lastname@example.org. To fix this issue, add email@example.com to your web based address book in addition to your desktop based address book to avoid having these messages filtered to into your spam box.
- The “Submit Contact Form” box isn’t checked: Select your “Submit” button inside of Showit 5 and ensure on the right hand properties panel under “Click Actions” that the “Submit Contact Form” box is checked.