Only Wordpress templates will be able to display live post content from your blog. If you'd like to have a "Featured Posts" or "Recent Posts" section on your homepage you would need to create your homepage as a Blog Template page instead of a typical Showit page.
To create homepage that displays blog posts:
- Convert your current homepage to a Blog Template: Under the Site list (left sidebar). Next to your current homepage click the ••• icon and choose Copy to Wordpress. It will now appear as a Blog Template.
- Set with Wordpress Front Page template: Select it and set the Wordpress Template setting as Front Page.
- Setup a Featured/Recent Posts Section: The posts section will need to be setup as a Featured Post section (see Creating a Featured Posts Section article)
- Publish to Blog and next: Publish the change but there are still more changes on the Wordpress side.
- Create Wordpress Front Page: Within Wordpress Admin create a new "Page" named as Homepage and Publish it.
- Assign Wordpress Front Page: Next go to Settings > Reading and under the Front Page setting, select your "Homepage" you just added and Save.
- Update Showit Plugin Settings: Lastly, go to Settings > Showit and check the box for "Use a Wordpress homepage" (something like that) and Save.
- Test and Adjust: Check your homepage and make any necessary adjustments to the featured blog section in Showit, republishing for any changes.
If you're part of our Showit User Group on Facebook, check out this video on creating a Wordpress homepage done by Field from our team. If you aren't a member yet, join our community of Showiteers on FB today!